Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ah! There's the rub...

One of the ladies on the Cri Du Chat website posted this scripture verse today: John 9:3-
Jesus answered, "It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him."

Mark has been saying lately that God is either in charge of everything or in charge of nothing. I think this scripture answers to that. It is the rub of Christianity. We serve a loving God who allows bad things to happen. To again quote C.S. Lewis, "Pain is the megaphone to a deaf world." So, is it so awful that God continuously shakes us awake with sickness, loss, disappointment, etc.? Or is it only awful because it happened to me? I can think of about a million ways I would have rather been shaken. In the meantime, though, I do hope that God can use Andrew. Otherwise, I will be highly pissed at the waste of it all.

Speaking of being pissed, I caught Andrew's thrush! At first I thought I had a canker sore in my mouth, but, um, no.

Sweet little Patrick missed his daddy so much yesterday he nearly broke my heart. He went into our room and tried on his daddy's ball cap and shoes and then picked up the phone and pretended to call him. When Mark finally got home, Patrick wouldn't let him out of his site. Fortunately, he is not so sad today. We went to Michael's where he had a great time standing up in the cart and pulling things off the shelves. He all but destroyed a bouquet of fake flowers-no great loss there! We also got to go outside and play a little. I picked some rosemary for the potatoes I still haven't put together. I think we will end up having frozen pizza. I have got to pull my self together and start keeping this house a little better. Lord have mercy!

No comments: