Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sickly in Smyrna

Well, I have a cold. However, having a cold isn't nearly as bad as my husband's reaction to me having a cold. This is when his mother really emerges in his personality. At the first sign of a sniffle he starts telling me to go to the doctor. Then, he goes to the drugstore to stock up on drugs and if I don't take the ones he wants me to when he wants me to he gets mad. Now, I'll admit, I'm often stubborn to the point of being stupid, but I've been getting colds for the past 34 years. I think I know by now how they're going to play out! Besides, nagging me only makes me dig my feet in more. (That's a mature attitude, eh?) Anyway, my biggest concern right now is keeping Andrew cold free. A large percentage of Cri Du Chat children die in the first year from respiratory infections and it is rare to find one who hasn't been hospitalized at least once because of one. No pressure there! It would help if my house wasn't a germ factory. I've heard that cleaning helps with that, but I would really need to see scientific data before I go that route. :)

No comments: